Monday, January 30, 2012

Moving forward

It's Monday again! I had a good weekend. Me and my oldest daughter went to see a great movie last Friday night. A group of awesome people, helped clean up linear park on Saturday morning. We all went to hear Raymond preach on Sunday and then to Sandy's 101 Omelets for lunch.
I did get an interesting email a couple of days ago. I made it a point to be clear in my words, without hurting anyone, and still, some people Will not or Choose not to HEAR it!
 It's OK though, I did my part. That is all that I have control of.

I am going to be speaking in February, on the Paths to Healing. Dealing with loss in Recovery. I am not a public speaker. To be able to speak for an hour in a half, may be a challenge. I am used to sharing my experience, strength and hope. Just not at length. I usually have 30 minutes, at the most, to share.
I am looking forward to speaking. If my story can help, even one person, not have to use any mind or mood altering chemicals, including alcohol, to deal with a loss, that is the REWARD! It's easy to escape pain through alcohol or drugs, but the pain WILL surface AGAIN! I know this because this is how I used to live.

 It has been nearly 22 years since I used anything to alter my state of mind. At times, especially the nightmare of my only son, Matt's murder, where I would have liked to not have had to FEEL any of this PAIN. The only problem is, that I ALREADY know, that I will have to feel it eventually! I do NOT want to have to deal with this horrific pain over and over plus the added pain of putting a mind or mood altering substance in my body.
So, Here I am! Living this life to the best of my ability. Praying for Peace and Comfort. Asking God to Clear my Mind and Heal my Heart on a daily basis. Praying for guidance and direction to where God would have me go and to do what God would have me do.

I am truly grateful for all of the love and support that we continue to be blessed with!

No comments:

Post a Comment