Friday, January 20, 2012

Living in this Moment

It is nice to finally have some rain. Driving Miles to school this morning, with the windshield wipers on, just felt good. He loves the rain too. It is especially nice because it's Friday! We can relax in the house this weekend, without worrying about driving to and fro in the wet weather, that we so desperately need. I am looking forward to a weekend in the house with my sick family. Rest, Relax, and Renew.

My last couple of blogs were about the anger and sadness that I feel when it comes to our "justice system". I had mentioned in my last blog that maybe MY issues with this system, was an opportunity for me to step up and do something! I made the call to the Crime Victims Department in the D.A.'s office on Tuesday morning. I stated that I would like to volunteer to help other victims families. I want to help make calls, when needed, to allow victims families to know, ahead of time, when a court date is coming up, or any changes that the victims or victims family need to be aware of.  I'm not just about complaining about what is wrong with our system, I'm about trying to be part of the solution. I have not heard back from the D.A's office yet. I look forward to being a help to other families struggling through the unthinkable.

When I returned to work this past Tuesday, I was excited to see that we had an intern working with us. I introduced myself  to the lovely and eager young woman. We started talking and I soon found out that her twin sister was the woman who was murdered in her garage, just 4 short months ago. She had 4 children that are now left without their mother.  I know that God placed us together for a reason.
 God, I pray, Please Clear their Minds and Heal their Hearts! 

Now, it is time to get ready for my work day. I feel like I am living in each moment. I am truly grateful to God for opening my eyes and my mind. I will continue to ask for guidance to go where God would have me go. To place the people and situations, in my life, that YOU would have in front of me. Give me the words to speak and more importantly give me the EARS to Hear. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment