Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Totally Dumbfounded.....AGAIN!

 I waited and prayed for a full 24 hours before I decided to write about this.
 I had sent an email to the California Office of Victims and Survivors rights and services. I wanted to find out how the 2 convicted killers of Matt, Henry Don Williams and Gene Allen Combs have to pay their restitution? I want to make sure that they are NOT getting TV's and special treats from their loved ones. I was informed that the killers can have money added to their books under another inmates name and there isn't a way of tracking this! I also found out that the CDCR(California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation) didn't have any of my information on file?
  OMG, the paperwork was filled out after Matt was murdered and then more paperwork after the trial. This is part of the reason that I was never contacted about the appeal process that is moving forward. 
WOW, talk about a BROKEN SYSTEM! Had I not taken the initiative to email the California Office of Victims and Survivors Rights and Services on the CDCR website, I would have never known! 
I have faxed them more paperwork yesterday and hope to hear something soon. Like, Yes Mrs. Courtemanche we have all of the paperwork! 
Again, I feel sadness and anger for the families who do not have the information or knowledge to move through this CRAZY System. What is even more disheartening, is the fact that these murderers have more rights and information given to them than the victims and the victims family members! This is DISGUSTING! I will continue to follow up when and wherever I need to. 
I thank God for opening my eyes today. For giving me wisdom and knowledge. Thank you, for directing me to go where You would have me go, to speak to the people that You would have me speak to, and for the EARS to hear with.
Matt, I will continue to help others. I love and Miss you so much.
I will keep moving forward

1 comment:

  1. I am a long time critic of the justice system. One need only to visit a jail in the US to see why criminals have no fear of them.Cable television, Air conditioning and 3 square meals a day why be afraid of that a lot of decent hardworking people don't have those things because it isn't in their budget. I am with you the punishment needs to fit the crime but to many bleeding heart human rights groups out their DEMAND that these pieces of trash receive this treatment.

    ReplyDelete