Saturday, December 17, 2011

I can't believe that it is Saturday already! I'm up before the sun this morning. It feels great to have a little time with me.
 I am so blessed to be able to bring  mom into our home and care for her. It has been a bit challenging. I know that God has a plan. I feel sad that mom has lost a lot of control of the simple things she used to be able to do. I'm so grateful that she can express her frustration to me. She wants to do all of the things that she did before, but her body will not allow her to anymore.
Although, I get overwhelmed at times, I think about how overwhelming it is for her! Life takes us through all kinds of experiences. We can accept each experience and go with it....or we can resist each experience and be angry and resentful. I've tried it both ways....I will continue to choose the non resistance, go with it, attitude as best as I can. As long as I ask God to guide me I will be ok. 
I can choose to be the best me that I can be. I have to practice daily. Sometimes minute by minute. I often have to start my day over. The gift is, that I have the opportunity TO Start OVER in whatever moment I choose to.
I can see how our family has come together through all of our life experiences. We understand that each moment is a gift to do something awesome with.

God, Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment