Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve morning I am up early again. I will not be getting ready to go to the hospital today, as I have since last Monday. Mom passed away yesterday at 12:42 PM. It was a decision that mom made long ago.
 She did not want to be kept on the ventilator. She was unable to breathe without it. The Doctors tried day after day to get her to breathe without the help of the machine, but she was too tired and weak. She wanted to go be with her husband, her brothers and sisters and little Matt. It was very difficult and painful for us. Although, we all knew that it was absolutely what mom wanted. My heart is broken yet again.
I was reminded of the words I had heard from my favorite author, Marianne Williamson. It is a blessing to be in the presence of the dying! I did and do feel blessed. I know that it brought comfort to mom to know that we were helping her transition from this life to the eternal life with God and all of the people she has loved and missed. I am sad for my loss and the loss felt by moms friends and family. I am also filled with peace knowing that mom is finally free of all the pain and suffering that her tired body had endured.
Rest in Peace Mom. I love you and we will all be together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment