Wednesday, November 1, 2017

God, clear our minds and heal our hearts

On October 24th my husband was informed that his position had been eliminated. He was laid off after nearly 19 years of serving our community. I know he is in shock. Me not so much. I could feel in my gut that things were not right there for some time now.

I'm incredibly grateful for the teachers that I have had along this life journey thus far. I'm thankful for God and the people that HE placed in my life.
I am by no means a perfect person, none of us are. Although I was taught long ago if I'm talking all this love, faith, hope, and forgiveness, then I darn well better be doing my best to walk it too. That is all that I am going to say about that!

Raymond has a heart of gold and meets people where they are. He is the biggest optimist that I've ever known. He reminds me that everyone has a story. We all need help at times; even those people who have claimed to be friends for years. But for some reason were unable or unwilling to communicate what was about to happen.

We know that people will fail us. I fail people, and you have or will fail people also. My hope and prayers are that in that failure we all learn to communicate better.

  My husband will be just fine. Raymond is and always has been a go-getter. He is such a go-getter that he was ASKED to raise money for his former place of employment, just weeks before he was blindsided. Raymond did just that and raised a significant amount of money. Because raising money and helping those less fortunate is what Raymond does.

I don't want to bash a  place that has helped so many people. We love the help and changed lives that we have watched over these many years. Hell, they even named a building after our son, Matt Garcia. I just hope and pray that the new leaders take a good long hard look at the way they treat people.

 I don't have the answers to the many questions in this life? I don't know why tragedy strikes? I don't understand why so many have to suffer? I don't know why some people are in the wrong place at the wrong time while others are in the right place at the right time? Nor do I understand why innocent young children die?

 The only thing I do know is that we have to find ways and means to make life a little better every day. Some days are much harder than others. We have to keep moving forward in the most positive way we can. While at the same time trying our best not to hurt others in the process.

Sometimes, the most positive thing I can do is to rest my mind and body for a day or two. I pray for a clear mind before I speak or write. I ask God to give me the eyes to see, the ears to hear, and the words to speak.

 I don't have the answers for what YOU need to do in YOUR life nor do YOU have the answers for ME in mine.

We just have to trust God. Walk our talk and be the best we can be one day at a time. Oh and do our best not to be assholes.




3 comments:

  1. I love you both more than I know how to say. You are the most God connected people I know. Your resilience in Him and your power though Him to move forward give our whole community hope. All will be well.
    Much love and respect,
    Scott

    ReplyDelete