Monday, March 27, 2017

THE LIGHT



This morning on Facebook I posted this quote, “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” Rumi wrote these beautiful words.

 When I first read this quote many years ago, I did not fully understand its meaning. Many years later, after the murder of Kathy and then my son Matthew, I got it! The light does enter through the wound!
 
I, of course, have to permit the light to enter. The grief and brokenness of my soul has been a catalyst for the opening of my heart.

It seems almost backward when I try to articulate the feeling. It is a sacred wound. It is located in a space which can only be penetrated by some sort of soul wound. This is the only way that I can explain it.

I’m grateful for this magnificent light that has entered me. This brilliant light has given me the courage and strength to move forward.

There have been many times when I thought I would never be able to move at all. I thought I would be lost in the darkness that hovered all around me. I felt it every second of every day.

 I do still have moments of darkness, the darkness is still there lurking in the background, but these moments have lessened over time.

The gift of embracing the light within has saved me. I call this magnificent, brilliant, glorious light - GOD.
I don’t ever want to know that feeling again -The awful dread of not allowing the light in.


Thank you GOD

No comments:

Post a Comment