Sunday, July 31, 2011

Good Sunday morning!

It has been a while since my last posting. Our youngest daughter was hospitalized for several days. She is out now and doing much better. She had a terrible infection. Being at the hospital with another one of my children was scary, to say the least. I felt grateful that she could communicate with us, unlike Matthew. I was constantly praying for God to remove all the negative thoughts that continued to try and barge their way into me. It WORKED! Thanks God.

Along with the uncertainty of our daughters illness, we also had to deal with the knowledge of people coming out of the woodwork trying to claim the $50,000 reward money ( from our city) for information leading to the murder of our son, Matt.
One of the many people vying for the reward money, actually called me. He wanted to assure me that he was a friend of Matt's and he was very deserving of the money. Oh and also that his family could really use the money since they just recently lost their house. I hung up on him. Yeah, I lost my only son to violence....I really don't care about your house dude! Oh and by the way, he never testified at the trial, He said he feared for his life and his family lives. Although, he didn't seem to have any problem filling out a application for reward money. His name will be made public!

Just some things that make me go....huh?

Aside from all of that garbage, which in the big scheme of things, doesn't really mean much of anything, we feel so blessed to have our youngest daughter home and getting well. Our oldest daughter is doing fantastic.  We know that God has a plan. We believe that we are here for a reason!  We will continue to allow God to guide us and give us the words to speak, the eyes to see, and the ears to hear whatever HE would have for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment