Sunday, July 15, 2018

Writing it all down

Over the past year in a half, I've been writing a weekly gratitude summary on a piece of colored construction paper and then placing it in a large jar that a beautiful friend gave to me.
This weekly healing process is done every Sunday morning. It has become a weekly ritual.

I have to be creative with my words because the paper I write on is not big! I write down the things that I'm most grateful for from each day of the week prior. It is a wonderful tool to help keep gratitude in my life daily.

This morning as I sat down in my meditation room to write my weekly gratitude list I was overwhelmed by the love and support I felt in my heart. The heartfelt messages, texts, and calls that I received yesterday comforted me in my soul.

Yesterday, July 14th would have been Matt's 32nd birthday. My number one plan for the day was to honor him. The last time we celebrated with Matt on his birthday was 10 years ago. Forty-nine days after his 22nd birthday Matt was violently taken from us.

The earth stopped spinning on that day nearly 10 years ago and our lives were changed forever.

 I feel extremely blessed by the tremendous outpouring of love that our family receives on a daily basis. Today, I can feel love, receive love, and give love on a much deeper level than ever before.

Yesterday, Raymond and I went to Home Depot to purchase items that we needed for the meditation memorial garden that we had been working on. It was our intention to do this on Matt's birthday.

I was waiting for Raymond with our cart of soil and plants just outside the garden area because we had forgotten a few things. I could hear Raymond talking with a couple. I heard Matt's name. I then heard Raymond say, "I can't let you do that" A minute later, I was introduced to Gabe and Louise whom Raymond had been talking with. They asked to purchase our remaining items for the meditation memorial garden.

My eyes began to tear up as I felt the lump in my throat. We have never met these beautiful people before. They just wanted to be a part of remembering Matt. My heart is opening more and more every second.

Last night I received a text message from my dear friend. We haven't spoken much in the last couple of years. I was so happy to hear from her. The love, respect, and admiration for Deb and her family go without saying. Thank you!

I thank you all for all of these priceless gifts.

I will continue to write it all down with love and gratitude
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment